Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July Shelter Cat of the Month

This month's featured kitty was selected by my partner in crime. I figured it was only fair since I demand that he proof each post before it goes out (so if you ever find a typo - blame him! bwahahahahahaha *ahem*).

We're obviously big on the black cats in my family because the spouse's choice for July is Mr. Key.

UPDATE 7/21: Mr. Key has been transferred to Lawrence Humane Society. I'll post a link to his bio once I have one.

UPDATE 7/24: Mr. Key is finally up on the LHS website. I hope lots of people come by and see him in person because his online presence is...unimpressive.

UPDATE 8/25:  MR. KEY HAS BEEN ADOPTED! WOOHOO!





Honestly, I have no idea why this guy is still in the shelter. He's gorgeous, with his shiny black coat and big, watchful eyes, and he's incredibly affectionate. He's also not shy - as you can see in the video, he did not hesitate to crawl right out of his kennel and onto my shoulder.

The shelter recently started putting personality cards for each cat on the doors of the kennels and colony rooms. This guy, quite appropriately, is a "cuddle bug."

I am a Cuddle Bug! I love attention! A lazy day of Netflix sounds perfect to me. I also love to purr and knead my paws into soft blankets. I will snuggle for as long as you would like. I am pretty laid back so the perfect home for me is a family that loves to love me!

Mr. Key really would be happy to be on your lap for as long as you'll let him. He's pretty excitable when he first gets out of his kennel - as is to be expected, really - so he's extra cuddly for a bit. But it doesn't take long for him to settle down and get comfy and really enjoy the petting.

a black cat looking into the camera

Come by Great Plains SPCA in Independence, Missouri, and check Mr. Key out. At 6, he's old enough to have settled into his personality and young enough that you'll have many loving years together. 

Be Mr. Key's hero - adopt! or donate! or share!