Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Camera Magic

The company I work for took on a new project this summer that quickly ate all of my time, so I went from churning out 8-12 cat videos/week to one or two per month...then to none. As things slowed down at the office, I found that my duties at the shelter had shifted enough that I wasn't able to get as much footage as I used to. With the increased demands of homeschooling a 5th grader, I honestly don't know that I'll ever be as prolific as I was last spring.

However, I was finally able to edit and upload some of the vids I had taken earlier this summer. I put up Samuel L. Catson's and he was adopted within a day or two. Last night I got Wade's uploaded and he found his forever home today. (I'd like to believe my work has magic powers, but I'm sure this was a coincidence.)

While I'm beyond thrilled that these cats found homes (seriously, over the moon), the timing makes me grit my teeth about the time spent editing their videos. I enjoy the work, but it does take a not-insignificant chunk of my day, and there are always other projects clamoring for those resources. We'll see, though...if Kali is adopted in the next few days, I may go with the magic claim. (update 9/21: Kali is still there...but I put up River's video last night and he went today. So maybe it's selective magic)

The real point of this post, however, is to celebrate a couple of things:

1) the breakage of the video drought. It's nice to be putting those little "Watch My Video!" bars on the bottom of photos again, and

2) that Wade's adopter, upon finding out his adoption fee was sponsored, paid it forward and sponsored the adoption fee of one of our September SCotM, Felix Thunder Paws!

Thanks, awesome adopter! You rock!

a gray and black tabby cat lying on a bed, gazing through hanging toys